Waiting on a Bus in the freezing cold
Been standing here so long, feels like I'm getting old
I wish I had a reason to leave the queue
Glad I didn't as just seen you
Your just like the girl I saw in my dream
The one that was tempting "you know what I mean"
I never realized that dreams came true
Rubbing my eyes I guess they really do
Should I stand and wait my turn in the queue
Or should I move to try and talk to you
My predicament leaves me with no choice
When I heard your soft and sexy voice
You were talking with a guy "I had to know why"
So I moved a little closer to catch your eye
I heard you say that you liked to dance
I could not believe it " This could be my chance"
We can dance all night Jive and swing
Rock n Roll is really my favourite thing
But how can I be forward "It would be so rude"
Should I wait on the bus and be glad I queued
I began to think " Had my luck run out"
When all of a sudden I heard the guy shout
See ya later !"Nice to see you again"
And maybe catch up but don't know when
My heart all of a sudden had slowed down
Knowing that she was single and new to the town
I heard you say that you liked to dance
I could not believe it " This could be my chance"
We can dance all night Jive and swing
Rock n Roll is really my favorite thing
The Bus pulled up and I jumped the Queue
Saying hey can I come sit with You
She gave me that smile "You know the one from my dream
My face was a picture " I hoped she were keen
I paid her fare and continued to stare
Looking at this beauty with the long black hair
I said Forgive me so what is your name?
She said to me "oh its just plain Jane"
You aint plain I can tell you right now
When I saw you at the stop "I thought Wow"
Would You go to the local hop with me
Oh I don't know" We'll just have to see"
I heard you say that you liked to dance
Well so do I " This could be our chance"
We can dance all night Jive and swing
Rock n Roll is really my favorite thing
Come on Jane Just say yes "Its Friday night I'll dress to impress
Well if you pick me up at 7 then maybe I guess
I betcha look cute in a satin dress
Just say yes yes yes yes yes
Your parents can look me up and down
It don't mean nothin as your we're new in town
Well see you Friday as this is my stop
We will have a ball at the Lindy Hop
We can dance all night Jive and swing
Rock n Roll is really my favorite thing
Jive with me "Jane take that chance"
Take me to heaven C'mon lets dance
She said its gonna be great so its 7 at mine
Promise me we'll have a good time
We can be together the perfect team
Just be there Jane the girl of my Dream
Girl of my dream don't break my heart
Promise me we'll never part
Jive with Me Jane take this chance
Take me to Heaven come on lets dance
Oh yeah oh yeah come on lets dance
Lets hold hands kiss n romance
Promise me we'll never part
Girl of my dream don't break my heart
No comments:
Post a Comment