Tuesday, 8 September 2026

Grip on Tight

If you convert my cat with a little less pain
I wont lose grease on my link or chain
Could you fix the puncture on my nearside rear
Would you pour me a shandy bitter lemon beer

Things I may have said many moons ago
When my manifold was just about to blow
Maybe change a valve or repair my heart
My plugs are not sparking, I need a spare part

I take my oil nice and thick
I grip on tight when sitting on slicks
My customized hood moving side to side
A racing girl enjoying my ride

I liken myself to second hand cars
A Hillman Minx once a Jaguar
A 2 door saloon not the public bar
Riding in style like a rodeo star

I have been known to put my foot to the floor
My pedal to the metal " Are you keeping score"?
Loving American stars and bars
Racing that Dodge, eating Hershey bars

I take my oil nice and thick
I grip on tight when sitting on slicks
My customized hood moving side to side
A racing girl enjoying my ride

Cranking up the heavy speedway sound
Blowing a fuse while hitting the ground
Playing along to custom car blues
Slow riding in blue suede boots

Racing along the open road
Wheel and tire overload 
Releasing that rubber when breaking to skid
The wind in my hair with no crash lid

I take my oil nice and thick
I grip on tight when sitting on slicks
My customized hood moving side to side
A racing girl enjoying my ride

Torch that turbo, relax and cruise
Take the short cut, nothing to loose
Cut the corner going into a bend
Leaving Michelin marks and a sticky end

I love my oil nice and thick
Yeah grip on tight when sitting on slicks
My customized hood moving side to side
A racing girl enjoying the ride

Exhilarate, before you hesitate 
" My mama says "don't stay out late"
So on with the throttle and radio
Playing Z Z Top sharp dressed bro



Yeah take my oil nice and thick
I grip on tight when sitting on slicks
A racy girl just enjoying the ride
My customized hood moving side to side

I love your oil nice and thick
Gripping on tight while nice and slick
My customized hood moving side to side
A racey girl just enjoying her ride

No comments:

Post a Comment