Saturday, 12 September 2026

Old Time sake

 Going back over so many old songs

Putting things right that always seemed to go wrong

Being there instead of running away

Turning rain into a sunnier day


Going back over hard old times

Fixing broken hearts while solving real crimes

Standing here and staying where I'm put

Not shooting myself in the left or right foot


I should give up instead of arguing

Cave in to buying that engagement ring

Gracefully saying sorry to you

Fixing feelings with emotional glue


These are the actions of a well worn man

So listen up and here me while you can

I'm not into surrendering

just play for me and let me here you sing


One more time for old times sake

Play something easy "what would it take?

To sing for me with meaningful words

Something new that I've never heard


Take me back over to those old times

Filling in the cracks with emotional rhymes

Putting things right that no longer seem wrong

Pick up that guitar and let me here those songs


These are the actions of a well worn man

So listen up and here me while you can

I'm not into surrendering

So play for me and let me here you sing


Going back over hard old times

Fixing broken hearts while solving real crimes

Standing here and staying where I'm put

Not shooting myself in the left or right foot


One more time for old times sake

Play something easy "what would it take?

To sing for me with meaningful words

Something new that I've never heard


Do you remember that really cool song

The one you wrote that didn't take long

It came to you on the late night bus

When we were together "Just the two of us"


Yeah yeah yeah yeah on the late night bus

Oh yeah oh yeah just the two of us

Hmmmmm Hmmmmm Hmmmmm

Oh yeah oh yeah on the late night bus

You and me just the two of us




No comments:

Post a Comment