Thursday, 10 September 2026

Further From The Truth

 Lets take a trip down memory lane

A time when no one ever chased fame

When we all just quietly got on with our day

Not filming for strangers as nothing to say


I did not influence anyone but my kids

I never sold anything as no one to bid

The internet not invented, was a world away

The only computer a teleprompter I'd say


People today would interrupt to say

Your kidding me "No way No way"

But I kid you not my future world friend

We were further from the truth but you are the end


It looked like a typewriter attached to a screen

The football results never missed a team

Grandstand was sport and sport was our way

Of watching the wrestling and racing all day


The snooker we watched in black and white

The audience blacked out " and only one light"

Getting down to the colors never no fun

The same shade of grey blended into one


People today would interrupt to say

Your kidding me "No way No way"

But I kid you not my future world friend

We were further from the truth but you are the end


In 69 we watched the men on the Moon

Color Tv could be a thing soon

No mobiles no phones no washing machines

But Spacemen were real or so it seems


We lived in prefabs made from wood

Freezing cold yeah just no good

Never heard of video " This'll make you laugh

No one had a shower just a small tin bath


People today would interrupt to say

Your kidding me "No way No way"

But I kid you not my future world friend

We were further from the truth but you are the end


Riding Red Rover was the best day out

Bob a job with cubs "What was that about"

The Brownies the scouts, Red Cross, St Johns

Got you into the footie " You couldn't go wrong


If you don't believe me look it up

Even England won the Footie world cup

"Yeah I know" I know it seems far fetched

Google it "Your mind will be stretched"


People today would interrupt to say

Your kidding me "No way No way"

But I kid you not my future world friend

We were further from the truth but you are the end


 

No comments:

Post a Comment