I sat down at my desk with purpose today
With every intention to write you to say
I wish that we had more time together
I thought we were destined to live forever.
Seeing you leave just turned my life so blue
When you said goodbye, my heart left too
I need you here, don't want to be free
Your the only one who knows the real me
The roses You bought now in full bloom
Sending sweet thoughts and love through my room
I’m looking out at this mornings bright sun
"Hope it’s shining for you and your missions soon done"
The garden swing hangs silent since you’ve been gone
How we’d cuddle together, every summer so long
Everything is empty and I'm missing you
I wish you were here" Not with the chosen few"
Seeing you leave just turned my life so blue
When you said goodbye, my heart left too
I need you here, don't want to be free
Your the only one who knows the real me
I hate the war that made you join up and leave
It chokes my emotion" I can hardly breeve
I miss your voice, those songs you sing
You are my rock, My one true king
I believe in your magic, cannot get enough
Tenderness could turn into words so tough
Dreaming the days away not sleeping in bed
Thoughts of you and all that you said
I’m wishing and hoping you come back soon
I find it so hard while you’re with the platoon
Seeing you leave just turned my life so blue
When you said goodbye, my heart left too
I need you here, don't want to be free
Your the only one who knows the real me
I watched from the window as the mailman appeared
My Tea cup shaking as he neared
He rang the bell I didn't hesitate , opened the door to hear of my fate
My heart skipped a beat, My body felt numb
Fearing this moment would one day come
The feeling I felt as I was handed the post
When excepting the mail " white as a ghost
The postmark and stamp from military
Sent three weeks ago " I dropped to my knee's
With a smile on my face " and a tear in my eye
Your on your way home " I said with a sigh"
Seeing you leave just turned my life so blue
When you said goodbye, my heart left too
I need you here, don't want to be free
Your the only one who knows the real me
No comments:
Post a Comment