Wednesday, 12 August 2026

Turn The Tide

I maybe old fashioned but prefer my heartbreak

A little more private not like an earth quake


Where emotion was shook and swept swiftly away
With the hurt caused by you again yesterday

Why do I always seem to bite
The bullets you fire to start a fight
I’m not afraid to say that I’ve reached my limit
My heart has been broken by your hurt within it

Your violence with words may sit right with you
But you destroy dreams and have not a clue
You show nothing but scant disregard
And people like me can find this so hard

You think you know just what's best for me
Things I should resolve so as to succeed
But you don’t have a clue how I feel inside
This is my chance to turn the tide

It’s been said I have forgiven and never defend
I'm told to stand tall and hold up my end 
Taking harmful words that you spit out
Time and again you scream and shout

I have no more patience to give anyone
My soul has no joy My heart has no fun
I’ve always helped others to open their wings
Helping out happily with the family things

Never been somebody that upsets people
Staying humble and quiet 
While you use your needle
Never been somebody that upsets the calm
Showing respect mildness and charm

You think you know just what's best for me
Things I should resolve so as to succeed
But you don’t have a clue how I feel inside
This is my chance to turn the tide

Taking for granted that I'm always there
Showing my feelings and a reason to care
I’m tired of the same old cries of abuse
So many false lies with no valid excuse

You think you know just what's best for me
Things I should resolve so as to succeed
But you don’t have a clue how I feel inside
This is my chance to turn the tide

I may end up alone with my lonely soul
Never achieving any future goal’s
Sometimes wasting  time but doing all I can
While people like you keep knocking me down

You think you know just what's best for me
Things I should resolve so as to succeed
But you don’t have a clue how I feel inside
This is my chance to turn the tide

Time will soon tell my own true story
I’ll sail away from rough seas so stormy
Maybe I’ll be missed but hopefully not
Good things said and done should not be forgot



No comments:

Post a Comment