Monday, 17 August 2026

Duvets On The Way

You made me laugh this morning

When I woke up in bed

I suddenly remembered, the words that you had said

You were tired and wanted to just drift off to sleep
No covers required, I didn't hear a peep

Let me paint a picture of the weeks we have spent
Together in the sunshine, The summer heaven sent
Tanning before it ends, soaking up the rays
Weather men say another heat waves on its way 

You and I enjoy the summer and our hols
Not needing any quilt or even winter clothes
It wont last long you always seem to say
Don't count the days till the duvets on its way

Although we are now pensioners we still enjoy the sun
Like the very young we love to have some fun
But being out all day in the midday heat
Makes us hot an tired like we’d been run off our feet

We finally sat upon our bed back inside the house
Opening our laptops that we left on the couch
Winding down from the heat still going on outside
Opening the windows to let some breeze inside

You and I enjoy the summer and our hols
Not needing any quilt or even winter clothes
It wont last long you always seem to say
Don't count the days till the duvets on its way

When the time came and we couldn’t stay awake
You said you didn’t need the covers as you’d bake
I didn’t need them either coz I was sweating with them all
But I seen you this morning wrapped around you in a ball

You and I enjoy the summer and our hols
Not needing any quilt or even winter clothes
It wont last long you always seem to say
Don't count the days till the duvets on its way

No comments:

Post a Comment