Monday, 17 August 2026

Partner My Jivin

 Its been a while since I saw you last

But I remember things from my past

The good times we never forget

The sad kept silent just like bad debt


How ya doing how are you?

Are you working? what do you do?

What you been up to? since we last spoke

Lets sit down and maybe grab a coke


Its been so long since I've seen you

Would you dance with me darlin

Its been so long since I asked

Would you partner my jiving


So many questions, so much to say

Do you mind? Shall I fire away

Are you married with a family

Or still single just like me?


Its been so long since we last met

If my memory serves "How could I forget"

We were in a club and I asked you to dance

You mugged me off and said no chance


Its been so long since I've seen you

Would you dance with me darlin

Its been so long since I asked

Would you partner my jiving


This is the reason some memories fade

When things get hot we sit in the shade

The good and bad sometimes mix

Other times our minds play tricks


I remember meeting you

Not impressed at all by you

But time is a healer and saves the day

Good times remain while the bad fade away


Its been so long since I've seen you

Would you dance with me darlin

Its been so long since I asked

Would you partner my jiving


Anyway its been nice talking to you again

Even though we weren't the closest of friends

Just an occasional meet and greet

After failing to sweep you off your feet


Its been so long since I've seen you

Would you dance with me darlin

Its been so long since I asked

Would you partner my jiving

 



No comments:

Post a Comment