Walking cobbled paths alone in my head
For many years I have feared all the dread
Will I have a choice? what's out there for me?
Or sail for miles on a rough stormy sea.
Tired days have been endless and nights cold and long
While all around me a wicked echo and song
A swirling heavy darkness ahead in my sight
Blurring my vision from brightness and light .
Wherever journeys take my hopeful heart
How ever this power tares life apart
It always finds me left alone in the dark
The wicked will always attack like a shark
This isn’t the first time I’ve stood on these paths
Where my footprints look heavier than they did in the past
I’ll travel the distance, gain belief in myself
Push onward and upward, finding my heart on the history shelf
Which path will I choose from the ones up ahead
When every direction is darkness and dread
I may take the wild one that angels have fled
Every signpost repeating words I have said
Wherever journeys take my hopeful heart
How ever this power tares life apart
It always finds me left alone in the dark
The wicked will always attack like a shark
I’m lost once again I look back where I’ve been
Only to find that I’m still in a dream
The sun hits my eyes, am I nearing the end
Here in the light ,on paths that won’t bend
Then the alarm clock is ringing
Dreams no longer displayed
A colorful vision has started to fade
I’m staring up at the ceiling so white
While thinking out loud reality bites
Wherever journeys take my hopeful heart
How ever this power tears life apart
It always finds me left alone in the dark
The wicked will always attack like a shark
Back to reality , the illusion still played
Feeling the weight of the choice never made
Here in the world, the same people, same face
My mind has been frozen ,now knowing my place
These times that I spend alone in my head
The darkness that covers me with all of its dread
I thought waking up would make things more clear
But daylight won’t wash away the darkness and fear
Wherever journeys take my hopeful heart
How ever this power tares life apart
It always finds me left alone in the dark
The wicked will always attack like a shark
I spin in circles in darkness and light
I wonder if ever I’ll win this long fight
Loosing my grip and chasing my ghost
I just hope I keep the people I love the most.
Yeah while Loosing my grip and chasing my ghost
I just hope I keep the people I love the most.
No comments:
Post a Comment