Thursday, 13 August 2026

Crooked Tea Cup

 

I chattered away though I didn’t speak

Walking through alleys where drops of rain leak
The day was dark and dismal but the sun lit up the sky
Where birds were nesting silently no wings to fly by

The streets were oh so quiet but noise just filled the air
I walked behind slowly, running forward with care
The ground was so hard but quite soft under foot
The clean paving stone covered by the blackest soot

The Crooked Tea Cup is now opening today

It closed for business but never moved away

Its latest incarnation a brand new menu

Cake and pastries served with a lemon flavored brew


I arrived early but turned up quite late
A long enough journey from above heavens gate
The road was so bendy on a straight narrow path
Was I coming or going ? "such a subtle contrast"

Walking for weeks putting my tired feet up
My eyes glued to  the window of the crooked teacup
It was bustling with people with not a soul inside
I entered straight away while waiting outside

The Crooked Tea Cup is now opening today

It closed for business but never moved away

Its latest incarnation a brand new menu

Cake and pastries served with a lemon flavored brew


I thought I could taste the frog minted tea
Or maybe I didn't" was it salty like sea"
Sit, sip, enjoy  "the sign said I think"
How would I know? as all I did was blink


Blackberry Moon buns felt good on my tongue
Whilst the storm in the soup had hardly begun
The sea salt lava bread a classic meal for me
Along with the juice of the sour apple brie

The Crooked Tea Cup is now opening today

It closed for business but never moved away

Its latest incarnation a brand new menu

Tea and pastries served with lemon ice brew


So if you should stay while the rest up and leave
Don't buy the soup or try the frogs legs for free
Frog minted tea will cause your tummy to ache
Blackberry Moon Buns will give your tongue the shakes

The Crooked Tea Cup is now opening today

It closed for business but never moved away

Its latest incarnation a brand new menu

Tea and pastries served with lemon ice brew




No comments:

Post a Comment