Tuesday, 4 August 2026

70s Rock

 

I can tune my guitar and turn up the amp

Or I can stay in bed make out like a tramp

The only difference "Don't get me wrong"

Is I scream louder to a hard rock song


Burning my fingers racing down that fret

Bending those strings as aint dead yet

Running around this huge sound stage

Screaming blue murder in a rocking rage


Gonna kick some Harris just before I go

I wanna shake the House down with Rock n Roll

I aint worried about making a noise

In my seventies so just rejoice


Should have been the hard rock queen

Playing the blues and being obscene

Now I'm old and my playing's done

Wishing I were still twenty one


Its funny how I just don't care

Not staying home to wash my hair

I wanna get out stomp and shout

And tell the world what I'm all about


Gonna kick some Harris just before I go

I wanna shake the House down with Rock n Roll

I aint worried about making a noise

In my seventies so just rejoice


Rocking Pneumonia and all those ills

Let the crowd know of how that feels

My bones creek with every bend

I'm gonna Rock to the very end


I might get dementia and forget about you

I might lose my mind and forget the blues

But one things for sure before I go

I'm gonna scream and shout out for Rock n Roll


Gonna kick some Harris just before I go

I wanna shake the House down with Rock n Roll

I aint worried about making a noise

My neighbors can move" They have that choice"


Rocking out at 70

Rocking out yeah play with Me

Wont be long till they cremate 

This Rocking Queen with the high heart rate


Rocking out yeah play with me

Rocking out at seventy

Yeah Rocking out at seventy

Yeah Rocking out yeah play with Me






No comments:

Post a Comment