Sunday, 30 August 2026

Checkerboard

Have you abandoned the game

I'm just asking, It seems such a shame

Raising the white flag for you and your king

Throwing the towel into the checkerboard ring


Are you a pawn disguised as a clown

Is that a grimace or maybe a frown

There is only one way to ever beat me

But that wont be today no no "Believe Me"


Take your time their is no great rush

I'm patient amid the silence hush hush

I'll sit here quietly and wait my turn

The flame of my candle still lovingly burns


I'll light another with a flickering flame

While you decide the next move in your game

Moving a bishop a rook or your knight

Extinguish those nerves or fade like the light?


Wake me if I should fall asleep 

Nudge me my turn while counting sheep 

Keep me posted, if I'm under attack

I cannot afford to lose the shirt off my back


Wow you moved and now have me in check

I feel like a fool a physical wreck

Oh dear oh dear so what happens now

Your  check mate plan I cannot allow


Gonna take my time as in no great rush

I will be patient and silent hush hush

I'll sit here and wait, to ponder my turn

The flame of my candle still lovingly burns



Queen takes knight and traps my rook

In your haste my Queen overlooked

You are now trapped as I move away

Your King still holding my bishop at bay


Nowhere to go your blunder will cost

Check mate of your king " Your game is now lost"

The position of pawn and my brave knight

No where to move black square or white


Take your time as in no great rush

I will be patient and silent hush hush

I'll sit here and wait to figure my turn

The flame of my candle still lovingly burns


Are you raising the white flag on behalf of your King

Surrendering again?  I'm just asking

Will you give in to my knowledge and plan

Catch me out and win a game if you can


Have you abandoned the battle and game

I'm just asking, It seems such a shame

Are you raising the white flag on behalf of your king

Throwing the towel into the checker board ring


Check mate check mate its never to late

Pass me the trophy as I seal your fate

Check mate check mate its never to late

Pass me the trophy as I seal your fate


Take your time as in no great rush

I will be patient and silent hush hush

I'll sit here and wait to figure my turn

The flame of my candle still lovingly burns


No comments:

Post a Comment