There’s a gentle breeze blowing over the treetops tonight
There’s a wish in my heart that somehow feels right
I made a journey from my home town last spring
Seeking freedom a peaceful, new beginning
I struggled with the things that life threw at me
Never complaining nor expecting anything for free
But war teaches you that your heart needs a home
That special place that says you’ll never more roam
Time finds a way to hear when you call
It drifts into focus then can help heal the fall
Clock hands turn quickly, then start to slow down
Tormenting your mind as your face hits the ground
Will I find a lamp for three wishes to rub?
Or a forgotten corked bottle with a note from my love?
I wanted freedom, new generations to come
All I heard was the bugle and far distant drums
The bright summer sun has faded away
I cry as I remember my life left that day
The moon now shines a light in my eyes
No one will find me, in death now disguised
Leaving a world where life broke me down
Where no where was left , no home in my town
People forgot me, never saying my name
Oh the heartache I carried along with my pain
So much love to give yet ridiculed and mocked
Now they’ll never see the light that has sparked
I guess I may forgive them, now a silent man
Finally finding Heaven here in my hand
Will I find a lamp for three wishes to rub?
Or a forgotten corked bottle with a note from my love?
I wanted freedom, new generations to come
All I heard was the bugle and far distant drums
No comments:
Post a Comment