Wednesday, 19 August 2026

Best Laid Plans

Planning to ask if you'll go out with me

A little nervous so hoped you'd agree

A romantic picnic by the side of a lake

What could go wrong for heavens sake


I woke this morning with nothing to say

As it seems the rain has washed my dream away

I had planned to ask you to dine with me

Now the weathers changed things socially


Shall I take a moment to re-arrange?

Or will asking you out seem a little strange

Would you prefer to maybe stay indoors? 

Or maybe cook in  while we explore


Would you prefer a walk in the pouring rain?

Or take the bus, the car or train?

To somewhere new and never been before

Just my luck " Its called murphy's law"


I woke this morning with nothing to say

As it seems the rain washed my dreams away

I had planned to ask you to dine with me

Now the weather has changed things socially


Maybe this will sound a little strange

How about a quiz or the perfect game

Play some scrabble or monopoly

A chance to challenge intellectually


I admit I was hoping for more sun

As ideas and suggestions "I have none"

The weather proof one hundred percent

Has scuppered plans with a massive dent


 I woke this morning with nothing to say

As it seems the rain washed my dreams away

I had planned to ask you to dine with me

Now the weathers changed things socially


Okay Okay  forget I ever asked

All good things were never meant to last

Lets postpone for another time

I'll plan it better with sunshine


I woke this morning with nothing to say

As it seems the rain washed my dreams away

I had planned to ask you to dine with me

Now the weathers changed things socially


I admit I was hoping for more fun

Any new ideas as I might have one

Thought it through one hundred percent

But no no no as I'm the perfect gent


I woke this morning with nothing to say

As it seems the rain washed my dreams away

The weathers changed things socially

Planning to ask you to stay with me.




No comments:

Post a Comment