Wednesday, 22 July 2026

The Blues "My life"

I'm waiting on the seven o nine

Never ever been on time

So again I'll be late for work

In my position as an office clerk


To say its boring is an understatement

Like counting cracks in the city pavement 

Its the way I earn to pay my way

If it were free then I would just play


The Blues my life, my heart and my soul

Cool Boogie my way to rock and roll

I can sing and tell you how I feel

Sending out a message that is real


By day I'm grey and bored to tears

Been at my job for far too many years 

It cramps my style "nothing like it seems"

Every chance I get "I play fulfilling all my dreams


The plan ahead is to make it to the top

Once on stage "I will rock until I drop

Playing to crowds whom remember every word

Every note every chord Sounding just like birds


The Blues my life, my heart and my soul

Cool Boogie my way to rock and roll

I can sing and tell you how I feel

Sending out a message that is real


One more cancelled train and I'll be late again

My Shop floor Manager going quite insane

Shouting the odds and warning me to say

If ever late again He'll send me on my way


Am I bothered No no, no no I have the blues

I'll gladly take my leave, I'll play it by the rules

Collect my sweet hearts picture and clear out my desk

Take the time now given me to give the Blues my best


The Blues my life, my heart and my soul

Cool Boogie my way to rock and roll

I can sing and tell you how I feel

Sending out a message that is real


Cool boogie Blues rock with guitar overkill

Singing my heart out, letting you know just how I feel

The Blues my life, My heart beat and soul

Lets enjoy the time, Its only Rock n Roll



No comments:

Post a Comment