Wednesday, 22 July 2026

Boot Sale Blues

Sundays coming round again

What shall I do with my time

Lets do something stupid

Like wasting precious time 


Have you ever got up early to beat the early bird

Did you ever do a boot sale? I know it sounds absurd

But packing up the car and selling all your wares

Aint about making money as no one really cares


Give em something for nothing

And then you'll see them run

Me me me "I really would like one

"It does not matter what it is" by the dozen they will come


How much for this? What do you want for that

Would you take twenty P ? as its only for my cat

The pitch cost me a tenner and this is what I say

If I don't make a profit! its a waste of time o.k


I have seen one cheaper on a stall over there

Didn't have the batteries but do I really care

Would you hold it for me as I will be right back

Do you have a carrier bag for the bric -a-brac


Have you ever got up early to beat the early bird

Did you ever do a boot sale? I know it sounds absurd

But packing up the car and selling all your wares

Aint about making money as no one really cares


"I'm marking down everything " just a throw of the dice

Get your bargains for just a grain of rice

Help me I'm poor and need to pay my Bills

These Boot sales are killing me putting petrol in my wheels


The cost is crippling and still you want goods free

Somebody tell them as I'm sure they do not see

The lines on my face, the worry and strife

Please give me what its worth as bought it for the wife


Have you ever got up early to beat the early bird

Did you ever do a boot sale? I know it sounds absurd

But packing up the car and selling all your wares

Aint about making money as no one really cares


No more Boot sales No more pretense

Just open up a barber shop as there's Money to fence

Don't be swayed by the public or the thieves

That like to cheat you just like Rachel Reeves


Its best to get there early " that's what they always say

Set up your stall " The vultures are on their way"

Have you got any Tom or a kettle that is really rare?

Any antiquities " How much for the chair"?


That's mine to sit on  as I might need a break

When sorting through my Diamonds and anything that's fake

If I find any items that are worth a bob or two

Be sure that you return as will be free to you


Have you ever got up early to beat the early bird

Did you ever do a boot sale? I know it sounds absurd

But packing up the car and selling all your wares

Aint about making money as no one really cares






No comments:

Post a Comment