I’m counting my blessings one by one
The first is waking to the morning sunI don’t even mind if the weather has changed
Or the seasons are constantly rearranged
My second blessing is that still I breath
Life’s cool even when my chest has a wheeze
I’ve got lots of aches and some days a pain
Especially in winter in cold when it rains
Counting my blessings two at a time
Counting my words while making them rhyme
Passing the day and my thoughts never end
Counting my blessings from one to ten
I’ve got food and water yeah I’m so blessed
I have no worries so don’t get depressed
Flowers and love overflows in my yard
That's number three its marked on my card
Fourth and fifth blessing is a heavenly thing
My grandchildren close and join in to sing
They keep me updated with what’s going on
And change the words to every song
I’ve got food and water yeah I’m so blessed
I have no worries so don’t get depressed
Flowers and love overflows in my yard
That's number three its marked on my card
Fourth and fifth blessing is a heavenly thing
My grandchildren close and join in to sing
They keep me updated with what’s going on
And change the words to every song
Counting my blessings two at a time
Counting my words while making them rhyme
Passing the day and my thoughts never end
Counting my blessings from one to ten
Blessing six to be thankful for
A strong woman beside me always giving more
Our roof over head we share and provide
I want for nothing, there’s nothing denied
Life’s never been perfect but has always been
The perfect life the views taken in
Playing our music with picnics by the brook
There’s no guarantees, and there’s no rule books
Counting my blessings two at a time
Counting my words while making them rhyme
Passing the day and my thoughts never end
Counting my blessings from one to ten
We traveled roads paved by town crooks
But we were wise and never got hooked
Always tried my best even when
My wife and my soulmate takes the blessings to ten
My whole life I have counted my blessings
Laughter my medicine, You can hear me confessing
Spending time with folks that make us smile
Shrug off small problems and do it with style
Count your blessings one by one
Till the day comes and you are done
Life’s for living so breath and have fun
Add up those blessings and more will soon come.
Till the day comes and you are done
Life’s for living so breath and have fun
Add up those blessings and more will soon come.
Now get out there and enjoy your day
Keep the noise down if nothing to say
Count your blessings one by one
Till the day comes and you are done
Till the day comes and you are done
No comments:
Post a Comment