I sailed upon the oceans for a million years
I survived a thousand lifetimes , shed so many tears
I have looked into the eyes of a hundred faces past
I’ve connected with the stars that heaven had to cast
Underneath the water where the merfolk do belong
Way up in the sky where the angels sing their songs
I’ve searched this world with wonder a hopefulness inside
But cannot seem to find the meaning of the tide
I don’t believe that love is blind
It sees the flaws we leave behind
Searching still and now grown old
The days grow short the nights now cold
I can not pass a judgment on the crimes you did to me
You chained me to a path , never able to be free
I never thought I’d love someone as deeply or as true
You gave my life a purpose, the time I spent with you
So searching each and every road that climbs twist or bends
To see if this is where my bitter sweet journey ends
You’ll always be my happy place a special thought and space
Every dark memory with the image of your face
I don’t believe that love is blind
It sees the flaws we leave behind
Searching still and now grown old
The days grow short the nights now cold
I promised myself that I wouldn’t give up
No matter how heavy or hard my luck
No distance or time will ever erase
Warm sunshine smiles and depth of grace
Holding on tight to memories past
Kept forever in my heart to last
A stubborn fire still glows in my soul
Hot to the touch like red hot coal
Nothing is left now but the dust in my hands,
And the long, heavy toils from these desolate lands.
No comments:
Post a Comment