Sunday, 4 October 2026

October Ghost n Ghouls

 Down in the basement where the mice run about

There’s a big hairy monster that’s freaking me out
He makes a sound that could wake up the dead
It’s piercing my ears and gets inside my head

Shhhhh,! Shhhhh!
Can you hear the scratching on my basement wall
Am I imagining as I creep into the hall
Lights flicker on and off as they dance upon the night
Oh my !oh my! oh my! oh my!  This is giving me a fright.

October brings out Ghost and Ghouls on this day each year
Scratching at the Windows " Filling me with fear


Monster in the basement, shadow in the dark
Eyes that glow red like a dragon’s fiery spark
Screams howl around the air within a chilling breeze
Haunting every corner so no one is at ease

Every step sounds like a thunder clap within a quiet room
Echoing all its danger and immediate doom
I think I saw him lurking in the corner near the wall
I swear his breath was acid green and stood over six foot tall

October brings out Ghost and Ghouls on this day each year
Scratching at the Windows " Filling me with fear

My heart is racing with the fear of Halloween and terror
The spiders maze of cobwebs silky, strong and clever
The Monster in the basement must be playing tricks
I need to find some courage to hit it with my lego bricks

Afraid of playing in this dark and spooky game
Someone’s Calling out for me yeah shouting out my name
With a voice so loud, deep and grim
I don't want to be the monsters next victim

October brings out Ghost and Ghouls on this day each year
Scratching at the Windows " Filling me with fear


When I think it’s over and I see the light of day
I hear the sound of laughter, and it gives the game away
Down in the basement, from whence I had just fled
I realize the monster was just inside my head.

Wooo wooo woooo wooo do you hear that sound
I can hear a cackle and laughter all around

No comments:

Post a Comment