Sunday, 4 October 2026

Three Little Words

You knocked on my door at a quarter past eight,

You turned and said, "Hey, let’s go out on a date."
I got so excited, saying "yea why not"
A date seemed perfect, well worth a shot.

I felt so nervous, but heaven knows why,
My heart was trembling from the butterflies
Every glance we shared, love filled the air,
Moments that passed felt like truth or dare.

My heart skipped a beat as we walked hand in hand,
Using our fingers drawing hearts in the sand.
The mood said it all when you whispered in my ear,
The three little words I’d been longing to hear.

You made me blush when down on one knee,
Presented a ring and asked, "Will you marry me?"
Showing your feelings and with the rings bright glow
With all the love in my heart how could I ever say no?

The moment you asked the world fell away
It’s just you and me come what may
I’ll walk with you we'll build a bright new story
Our light will shine like a heavenly glory

While time danced softly through our hands,
Having high hopes and many future plans
Wearing your ring our new life begins
No longer dashed hopes floating in the wind

My heart skipped a beat as we walked hand in hand,
Using our fingers drawing hearts in the sand.
We smiled face to face as we said “I do”
And those three little words “ I love you”

So were standing here , with a love pure and true,
Hands entwined now,  just me and you.
With our future and dreams yet to be told
With a life time of memories for us to behold

My heart skipped a beat as we walked on by
Seeing a cloud shape above in the sky
No longer single and never to part
The shape we saw was our one true heart

With laughter and joy, forever we will be,
A love story written, just for you and for me.
Those three little words said honest and true
Three little words…..”I love you”

No longer casting our hopes in the wind
Together at last a love without end
My heart skips a beat while hand in hand
Forever our hearts drawn in the sand

Hand in Hand yeah more than friends
Our love will mature and never end

My heart skips a beat while hand in hand
Forever our hearts drawn in the sand


No comments:

Post a Comment