Thursday 6 April 2023

Remember Those Days


 Keeping Warm on the late night Bus

Could be the same for everyone of us

Better to be safe than sorry my friend, keep to the straights you wont handle those bends.

Whatever happens from now on, wont be so good but wont last too long.

All the best days are in your past, Riding to win but now coming in last.

A warm summers day would not go amiss, A welcome hug and A good night kiss

Memories of You and I wont fade, Drinking cool Beer with iced Lemonade

A pebble beach or Golden sand, Walk the promenade while holding your hand

Candy Floss we bought at the Fair, That pretty ribbon in the back of your hair

No luck again in the penny arcade, Your parasol will give us some shade.

Remember the days of fun on the Pier, Comedians were funny Hear Hear Hear

Just been told that this is my stop, Gotta make my Bed outside by a Shop 

Been Homeless now 10 years or more, No money to burn, Am one of the poor 

I will wait it out endure my last days look for a break on window sill bay

Tonight again I will be on that bus with faded memories of the two of us

So drink up your shandy and eat ice cream,  I'll Fall asleep and enjoy the Dream.

So drink up your shandy and eat ice cream,  I'll Fall asleep and enjoy our Dream.

Remember those Days Remember those Days, Wheat fields to lye in The hot suns rays

Pray for me that I don't wake, Tomorrows a day that I cant take

I miss You I love You so so much. Your kiss Your scent and warm soft touch

Our anniversary will always be the day A yearly reminder of you taken away.

What did I do to deserve these tears. Its been too long too many years

See You soon My special Love, See you soon on a cloud above

Remember Remember Remember those days, The Yellow fields and Halcyon Days, Together forever just like the book says

Remember Forever Those Wonderful Days  Remember remember The warm summer Haze

Remember Remember When we stood tall, Remember remember The best days of all.............


No comments:

Post a Comment