Late night bus, the wheels go round,
City lights flashing, there's solace to be found,Traveling home to bed my heart feels light,
Keep me warm, and pray safe tonight
Could be the same for each one of us,
Searching for comfort, in hope we trust.
Better to be safe than sorry, my friend
Keep to the straights, you wont handle those bends.
Whatever happens from now on
Won't be so good, but it won’t last long
Yeah all the best days are sitting in my past,
Still riding to win but now coming in last
Stars in the sky, once twinkled and shone
Summers past now faded and gone
Your welcome hug, oh, and a goodnight kiss
Those sweet moments, I dearly miss
Memories of you and I won't fade,
Drinking cool beer with sweet lemonade.
Better to be safe than sorry, my friend
Keep to the straights, you wont handle those bends.
Whatever happens from now on
Won't be so good, but it won’t last long
Keep to the straights, you wont handle those bends.
Whatever happens from now on
Won't be so good, but it won’t last long
Pebble beach, or golden sand
Walking the promenade, holding your hand.
Candy floss smiles, memories so bright,
That pretty ribbon, catching the light
No luck again down at the penny arcade,
Your lovely parasol gave us some shade.
Remember the days of fun on the pier
Comedians made us laugh, "How times disappear"
I’ve just been reminded that this is my stop
Gotta make my bed outside by a shop.
Been homeless now, ten years or more
With pockets empty, I’m part of the poor
Better to be safe than sorry, my friend
Keep to the straights, you wont handle those bends.
Whatever happens from now on
Won't be so good, but it won’t last long
Keep to the straights, you wont handle those bends.
Whatever happens from now on
Won't be so good, but it won’t last long
I'll wait it out, endure my last days
Looking for a break in this old maze
Tonight I’ll dream of a brighter place
Keeping warm on the bus, I’ll find my grace
Holding on tight to my memories sweet,
In this soulful journey, life can't be beat.
No comments:
Post a Comment