Friday, 14 April 2023

Awake past Bedtime. slow pop C major 66bpm


 

It's long past my bedtime, but I'm still awake
Thinking 'bout the dreams we used to chase and make
Have blown out the candles on my birthday cake,
Another year gone by, another path to take.


Hard to believe, I got so old,
Sleeping under the stars, staying out in the cold.


Still sat on the patio, facing the bay,
Where the sun kisses the water on a summer's day
Finding comfort in a cold beer or two
Walking the downs, taking in that view


Many a year have passed me by
I learned to love, yeah laughed 'til we cried
Our kids have grown, they’ve long left home
The locals think that I live alone.


But I have companions, three four-legged friends
A  Lurcher, a Lab, and Alsatian Ben

They keep me fit, and yeah young at heart
Pulling my arms out on the way to the park
Setting them free and off they run
Like sprinters on the starting gun


I whistle them back when ready to go
After heeding my call, they come back slow
Life is for living, you know it for sure
The welcome you get when the key meets the door.


Every moment you cherish, every laugh you share
The memories linger; they fill the air
With the smell of the grass and the sound of the breeze
Time slows down, putting your mind at ease


Still looking up at the stars so bright
Wishing on the moon in the cool of the night.


It’s long past our bedtime, wrapped in nostalgia's embrace
With your four-legged pals in that familiar space
Still sipping on my beer as the night unfolds
Sharing tales of the past, priceless stories told.


So here's to the nights that stretch on so long
To the laughter and the memories, the bonds that are strong.
When you’re awake past bedtime, that’s when life will shine
In the glow of the moon and the warmth of good wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment