Tuesday 14 February 2023

Horses For Courses


 My thoughts are running thru my mind

People think that I'm unkind and wasting precious energy on gambling online.

But let them say what they think while treating me like a missing link, I aint part of a chain and know I aint going Insane. 

I believe in myself while leaning here on this shelf 

Writing out my Betting Slip. just one more Beer and one more Tip

Waiting for my Luck to turn, Dreaming of  tomorrow. knowing that I will Earn or beg steel and Borrow

Another Photo finish. A pounding in my heart. Cant we raise the flag again Go back to the start

Lady Luck is playing Hide n Seek. while I search for that winning streak, I bet my wages on a Bay Maybe I should call it a day.

No money in my Purse. Things are getting Worse

I made a promise to myself while Leaning on this shelf

Writing out My Yankee Bet. This is it No more debt.

Got a feeling that feels good.  My fingers crossed Come On Touch wood.

Cant believe he just pulled up and why o why Its just my Luck

Bad aint the word Going Insane Cant believe I didn't Win Again

Falling at the last when eight lengths Clear

Tear up the slip wipe away a tear

Get back to work Get back to life, How will I tell the wife

No money for Rent and I'm still bent on Making things right no sleep tonight

Bad thoughts are running thru my Mind

Family think that I;m unkind and wasting precious energy Gambling online.

I lost My Money

I Lost My Honey

And now I;m losing My Mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment